Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Hanoi Tea Party

Ok, I know. It's been ages since I posted anything. That's partly due to my mind being somewhat distracted by other things, partly because I temporarily lost my urge to cook (I know, what? Don't worry, it's coming back!) and mostly due to sheer laziness. I'll try to be better.

A few weeks ago my friend Jacqui of Fashion & Pho had a tea party at her apartment. She made these delicious cheese scones which we ate with butter and more cheese.

  
A tea party is not right unless everyone is wearing a hat, so while ours were not exactly Ascot-style, we did manage to look quite elegant in the hats Jacqui had available.


My contribution to the evening was this pizza dip, which was absolutely deliciously cheesy.

  
It's made with a cream cheese/sour cream (I used plain yogurt)/cheddar cheese base, with tomato sauce spread over that, then a layer of salami, green pepper, and mushroom, topped with more cheese and the last few slices of salami. We baked it in the oven for about 15 minutes until it was toasty brown on top.


I somehow completely forgot that Jacqui was making cheese scones and bought a couple of baguettes to go with the pizza dip. We dipped chunks of bread in and scooped out ooey gooey cheesy tomatoey salami goodness until we were so stuffed we couldn't possibly eat any more.


Note Jacqui's awesome crown & skull tablecloth!
  

And now, the moment you've been waiting for.....my hat!


I know, I didn't look quite as elegant as Sam.

So I just realized that although this was a tea party, it was really all about the food! And cheese. Lots of cheese.  


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! Please leave a comment and tell me what you think!